Rest Area 300m: "My Dad Works Here"

Saturday, February 19, 2005

"My Dad Works Here"

New Zealand has started a campaign on safety at road works, targeting speeding. It will use a number of billboards starring the fluoro vest. Might help a bit too.

In most American States they double speeding fines in road works, and if you kill a worker in some states you get a mandatory 15 year jail term.

The Danes have a campaign I like;
The information part directed towards the road users consisted of three different roadside signs with a picture of a little girl that were erected at the approach to roadworks:

“1 000 meters to my dad”;
“My dad works here”;
“Thank you for looking out for my dad”.

Male. Lives in New Zealand/North Island/The Road, speaks English. Eye color is blue.
This is my blogchalk:
New Zealand, North Island, The Road, English, Male.

Who Links Here eXTReMe Tracker