Rest Area 300m: Mr Grumpy

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Mr Grumpy

   I always had a bit of a hankering to work on the roads. It always appeared to be a pretty cruisy job, with not a lot of stress involved. Plus you made things, and played with machines, and you got paid for doing it. When I moved into the rather rural seaside area of North Taranaki then, I pestered the local roading contractors until I got a job. I was lucky, they don't come up all that often. I thought that with a bit of luck I would mostly work an eight hour a day job, most of which would be cruising around looking for somewhere nice to eat lunch. Well, Fat Chance!
    For the last couple of weeks I have worked every day, usually about 10 or more hours. I have been called out in the middle of the night a couple of times as well, rocks on the road, or a car on it's roof. I'm starting to get a bit scratchy. Please do not prang your car and block the road any night this week, on our stretch of highway, or I might kick your head in.

Male. Lives in New Zealand/North Island/The Road, speaks English. Eye color is blue.
This is my blogchalk:
New Zealand, North Island, The Road, English, Male.

Who Links Here eXTReMe Tracker