Rest Area 300m

Wednesday, May 11, 2005


Tibetan Road Workers Having A Meal Break.

Lunch is an important part of my day. I'm not into the usual truckie diet of pies and bread rolls, ... well except for breakfast. I carry a small portable gas cooker which folds away into a plastic case. I have a pot & frypan, cutlery, salt, tinned foods & instant noodles for emergencies, bread and butter, the odd onion etc.
I also have a fold out camping chair, none of this sitting on damp piles of gravel for me.
So having found a conducive spot, I try and park the truck cross wind, manouvering for maximum sun or shade. Once I am satisfied with the Feng Shui, I can cook my meal. Monday a steak, yesterday chicken casarolle, today good old bacon, eggs & tomato.
At first my brother roadies were amused and a little scornful. The smell of bacon & mushrooms, or frying steak soon fixed that. Cookers have slowly appeared, now we all have folding seats. Lunch is a glorious picnic. There are, sometimes, signs of amusement from the passing public, we don't give a stuff.
I do though, get a bit of stick from the mechanics at the workshop, when I have to move a pile of kitchen equipment, so they can trace a wiring fault, or tilt the cab, especially when I am cautioning them about breaking my eggs, or spilling my herbs. Doesn't worry me though, while they brown bag it, I knock up some crumbed fish, complete with parsley & lemon.

Male. Lives in New Zealand/North Island/The Road, speaks English. Eye color is blue.
This is my blogchalk:
New Zealand, North Island, The Road, English, Male.

Who Links Here eXTReMe Tracker