Rest Area 300m: Jack & Jill

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Jack & Jill


Punctures are a hassle.
It is amazing how people will dice with death, when they have a flat tire. I have seen a couple who blew a tire running into a rock fall, set about fitting the spare in the middle of the road, oblivious to the danger of falling rocks and following traffic. Yesterday a farmer towing a hay baler with his truck, set about replacing the wheel on the baler on a blind corner. Frantic signalling from an oncoming car stopped me rearranging him and his baler. When I suggested he drag the baler off the road to deal with the problem, I got an astonished look and a "I might damage something ..." response.
Boy, did he get it.
I pointed to the 3 crosses from the Xmas crash at the same corner, and using rather immoderate language, asked him if he really wanted to die for a tire, or cause a head on accident, and that if he didn't clear the road sharpish I would radio the police. He grudgingly complied.
Women, of course, have perfected the art of tire changing.


Male. Lives in New Zealand/North Island/The Road, speaks English. Eye color is blue.
This is my blogchalk:
New Zealand, North Island, The Road, English, Male.

Who Links Here eXTReMe Tracker