Rest Area 300m: Old Yella

Monday, July 25, 2005

Old Yella


"Old Yella" is our broom tractor. It is as old as dirt. Getting it started sometimes can be a hassle, it is fairly cranky. We curse this in foul weather with it's lack of cab & any semblance of comfort. Yet we also have some affection for it as it is very handy on some jobs. As well as the broom it has a mid mounted grader blade. This means you can do reasonably precise work with it. Here it is being used to take out a bump at a bridge end. Premix has been levelled with it, taking out a slump before the concrete lip of the bridge. This has been done by eye. After compaction I will drive my truck over it at speed. If I spill my coffee we will have another go.


When sweeping, wind direction is all important.
Rest Area 300m

Labels:

Male. Lives in New Zealand/North Island/The Road, speaks English. Eye color is blue.
This is my blogchalk:
New Zealand, North Island, The Road, English, Male.

Who Links Here eXTReMe Tracker