Rest Area 300m: "Good Morning Judge" Day

Friday, March 18, 2005

"Good Morning Judge" Day

I was once a cadet reporter. Under heavy parental pressure to "Get a career..." but still not really knowing what I wanted to be when I grew up, I went in to the City Newspaper office to get a first edition & look up the job ads. Suddenly it dawned on me. "Dodderyyoungfart, Ace Scoop Reporter." I conned a job by fronting up to the Editor himself. My mates started calling me "Scoop" but the reality of the job was an endless list of tedious meetings. Page 23 the next day might have my masterpiece. "Officers elected at a recent meeting of the Rongatai Rowing Club, were as follows; Joe Blogs Pres. Mrs Bloggs Secretary, etc etc." I eventually made Court Reporter, but only at the Magistrates Court where an endless stream of poor people were persecuted & prosecuted. It was always busy the day after St Patrick's day. " So Paddy" the beak would peer down at some now sobered Wretch, "Your 49th Drunk and Disorderly, .... St Patrick's Day was it?" There would be an inaudible mumble, a sigh from the judge and a $10 fine.
   It seems things haven't changed much. March 18th is still "Good Morning Judge" Day.
MIDDLETOWN — A 76-year-old nun has been charged with driving while intoxicated after an accident on the Garden State Parkway as she was returning from Belmar's St. Patrick's Day parade, state police said ....

Male. Lives in New Zealand/North Island/The Road, speaks English. Eye color is blue.
This is my blogchalk:
New Zealand, North Island, The Road, English, Male.

Who Links Here eXTReMe Tracker