Rest Area 300m: Deep Throat

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Deep Throat


Like most people, well older buggers, I've always been fascinated by the identity of "Deep Throat", the key source of information that led to Nixon's downfall. Speculation has had all manner of people being the shadowy figure. The hot favourite for a long while was Fred Fielding, Nixon's Deputy Counsel. Even George Bush was in the frame. And watergate.com got it spectacularly wrong.
There was one man though who was right. Well as near as damn it anyway.... James Mann, a colleague of Bob Woodward at The Washington Post.
"I cannot reveal who Deep Throat was, because I do not know. I do know, however, the part of the government in which Deep Throat worked, and I can speculate with some conviction about what Deep Throat's institutional motivations may have been."

That's one of life's great questions answered. But there is always the big one. How to reply to the question, "Does my bum look fat in this..... "

Vanity Fair Scoop.

Male. Lives in New Zealand/North Island/The Road, speaks English. Eye color is blue.
This is my blogchalk:
New Zealand, North Island, The Road, English, Male.

Who Links Here eXTReMe Tracker