Rest Area 300m: Under The Weight ...

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Under The Weight ...


Some of us live under crushing responsibility.

Some people notice ...

"... it occurred to me that I was putting a lot of trust in this man's ability to ensure that oncoming traffic had temporarily surrendered this lane to me. If you figure the typical car is worth around $15,000, and this guy shepherds maybe 250 thru during his shift, then he is responsible for protecting assets worth about $3.7 million. Google tells me a road worker makes about $100 per day, so he is managing assets worth 38,000 times his annual salary."


And in the rain too...

Labels: ,

Male. Lives in New Zealand/North Island/The Road, speaks English. Eye color is blue.
This is my blogchalk:
New Zealand, North Island, The Road, English, Male.

Who Links Here eXTReMe Tracker