Rest Area 300m: Used Cars

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Used Cars

click pic to biggify

Last night, this car transporter left the road, just south of Piopio.

Obligingly, he ended up well off the road, and so I slept the frosty night through in my warm bed.

Today we had to recover it, and there was no option but to close the road, and put a lengthy detour in place.

You can see why.

The crane takes up the whole road, and Murphy's Law states that there must always be at least a 11kv power line in the way.


The job went pretty smoothly, but it takes a while, even if things go well.

I did offer a couple of hundred bucks for the Range Rover Vogue and was willing to toss in a few kilo's of onions from last weeks roll over on State Highway 4.



I think they are still considering my generous offer ....

Labels: , ,

Male. Lives in New Zealand/North Island/The Road, speaks English. Eye color is blue.
This is my blogchalk:
New Zealand, North Island, The Road, English, Male.

Who Links Here eXTReMe Tracker