Rest Area 300m: Winter Woes

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Winter Woes


Stop/Go Man, SH4 in torrential rain (click 4 bigger)

Working on the roads in the winter is no fun.

The vehicles are full of damp wet weather gear and changes of clothing.

We have had icy winds, the road shoulders are soggy and treacherous, it is easy to get stuck.

Quite a few of us have been fighting the flu.

Yesterday we had another truck accident. The crew had a long cold day. I didn't, I was tucked into my sick bed.

I slept for about 18 hours and then felt good enough to work today.

I keep thinking of the line crews and grader drivers etc in the South Island at the moment.

They must be getting exhausted.

And there is more bad weather to come ...

Male. Lives in New Zealand/North Island/The Road, speaks English. Eye color is blue.
This is my blogchalk:
New Zealand, North Island, The Road, English, Male.

Who Links Here eXTReMe Tracker