Rest Area 300m: A Love So Big ...

Thursday, October 27, 2005

A Love So Big ...


In The Plasticine Era, when I was 5, I was a truck.

I made 3 point turns around the kitchen making engine noises.

I Loved trucks.

So do Elephants.....

Mlaika is a 10-year-old adolescent female African elephant living in Kenya in a group of semi-captive elephants. During the day she makes sounds you might expect.

But she moonlights as a truck.

"When she is with the other elephants, she makes normal elephant sounds," says Stephanie Watwood of Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute. "But at night, when she is by herself, she can hear the trucks from a nearby highway and imitates their sounds."


Live Science

Labels: ,

Male. Lives in New Zealand/North Island/The Road, speaks English. Eye color is blue.
This is my blogchalk:
New Zealand, North Island, The Road, English, Male.

Who Links Here eXTReMe Tracker