Rest Area 300m: Rum, Sodomy, & The Lash

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Rum, Sodomy, & The Lash


Audiobooks are a drivers friend.

If you have a long, lone, journey.Then there is nothing like having someone read a ripping yarn to you.

For a month or so, I have been destroying the French Navy, risking Yellowjack, and clawing my way off a lee shore.

I have been with Captain Aubrey.

Of course it is all very nautical.

This tends to confuse some of the crew when I announce on the R/T that "I'll just loose the topsails and lay along side..."

It's given me a few ideas to liven up the America's Cup though.

A few brass cannons and broadsides up the windward leg would definitely add a little interest and colour.

Boarding parties with cutlasses should be allowed in the pre-starts.

Bow & Stern Chasers would make the down wind leg must see viewing.

Not only would this bump up the TV ratings, but sponsorship from the big Rum Companies would be a given.

Anyway, I'm sure Jack Aubrey would be horrified to see French & Spanish boats out there, with no one shooting at them ...

Male. Lives in New Zealand/North Island/The Road, speaks English. Eye color is blue.
This is my blogchalk:
New Zealand, North Island, The Road, English, Male.

Who Links Here eXTReMe Tracker