Rest Area 300m: Back to the garage...

Friday, September 01, 2006

Back to the garage...


Well I have had to put the wheels away.

No gala dinner, No golden shovel, no donkey ride.

The Ministers speech was all very blah too.
Lots of stuff about innovation.

I thought that Stop/Go staff might be allowed to carry Tasers, or all roads would be closed in the winter.

I did pick up one thing though;

"...The roading industry has an edge because it has shown it is prepared to explore ways to improve working conditions to attract and retain quality people, and I hope it continues to be innovative in this respect."

I think I know the sort of innovation the Minister is on about

Firm wins award for giving staff nap time
An Auckland law firm which allows workers go home when they need a nap has won the country's top award for "work-life balance."

Well that is a step in the right direction.

I'm sure the boss agreed that to be innovative and well balanced "I need to hit the sack for a nap".

Something about "the sack", anyway.

Male. Lives in New Zealand/North Island/The Road, speaks English. Eye color is blue.
This is my blogchalk:
New Zealand, North Island, The Road, English, Male.

Who Links Here eXTReMe Tracker