Rest Area 300m

Sunday, September 11, 2005


In a week or so, I may get the chance to get a name painted on my new truck.
I have been racking my brain.
Most truckies have Manly things like "Rolling Thunder", or "Gear Jammer" or some other such innanities.
I rather liked "Sweetheart Of The Rodeo" (old Byrds LP) but that's a bit long and a wee bit obtuse.
New and shiny things are hard to name. Animals are dead easy, especially female ones, I always name them after old girl friends. If they are male, then whatever fits. ( I've always wanted a pig called Jethro.) Boats too present no problem, the vulgar fizz boats that pass us on the road generally have the vulgar names they deserve, something of wood and sails deserves something more romantic.
I'm not going to give up yet, but a shiny new work truck that will be the Swiss army knife of the road deserves something.
It's a worry. Suggestions on a post card please, a free set of steak knives could be yours.

Male. Lives in New Zealand/North Island/The Road, speaks English. Eye color is blue.
This is my blogchalk:
New Zealand, North Island, The Road, English, Male.

Who Links Here eXTReMe Tracker