Rest Area 300m

Monday, September 05, 2005


Doddery is one smug old roadworker today.
In fact vast quantities of smugness are oozing out of every pore.
Today, the crew got a dinky little clock radio thingie for not having any lost time injury accidents for a year, & I scored a couple of pairs of new overalls, some new boots, and a brand new truck.
At this very moment a highly skilled team of engineers and truck builders are painstakingly crafting a real roadies truck with every conceivable folding out, and tucking in, extra. Sliding deck, winch and all.
I am also authorized to oversee the finishing touches, placement of lights, lockers etc.
( a stainless steel galley & en suite would be nice, oh and a high speed wireless data link)
Truly my cup runneth over.
I haven't had the heart to tell my old truck yet.
Terminating a long relationship is never easy, especially when a shiny new, low mileage replacement comes along. I may have to try and break the news gently, over a service pit with some heavy duty grease, and low sulphur diesel.

Labels: ,

Male. Lives in New Zealand/North Island/The Road, speaks English. Eye color is blue.
This is my blogchalk:
New Zealand, North Island, The Road, English, Male.

Who Links Here eXTReMe Tracker